Saturday, August 28, 2010

Orchid killer.

I've been highly suspicious of my Phal's soft, wilting leaves for a little while now, but only today did I pull it up and look at the roots. They're pretty shriveled and dead, so I guess that's another phal I've killed by repotting. Now I'm sure it's the repotting, because the plant was thriving and healthy when I bought it. I seem to have issues with repotting in general, but I can't stand to keep them in the moss...Oh the conundrum.

I drenched it in a bit of water, but as I'm moving out shortly, I don't want to do anything too cumbersome; I suppose my baby can wait a little longer. I did cut off an isolated root surrounded by death, and put that in a clear plastic bag with some water. Maybe that will force growth and photosynthesis.

In other news, I have another paph from my roommate! It's not a NoID, but I can't fully read the tag, as it's been worn. My parents are not pleased that they will have to help me transport them.

No comments:

Post a Comment