Tuesday, August 31, 2010

New habitats!

Well, I'm out of the Davis area, back to the South Bay Area. It's definitely a lot cooler in my house here than up there. I wonder how my orchids will fare. They're currently in a few different rooms that my parents stuck them in, but I'll be moving them shortly.

I also found some half dead bamboo shoots growing in a mucky glass vase with marbles and stones in it. I cleaned it up by getting rid of a lot of the algal growth and mineral residue, and stuck the roots back in. The shoots look pretty dried out, so I'm wondering if a slit into the bottom will allow more water in? Or maybe I can instigate more root growth with some of the rooting hormone I have.

And I'll be posting pictures of my poor babies soon, the move from point A to point B has been tiresome and horrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment