Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jetlagged

I disappeared off for a trip for 3 or so weeks, and asked my family to water my plants. Prior to that I had been out and about for a week, and told them to not water anything, thinking that would be fine. I'm now short a Phalaenopsis and my Darwinara Charm. Whoops.

On the plus side, it IS the growing season, and I see something growing off the Epi and Bulbophyllum I have. Everything else seems to be doing reasonably well, and new spikes have formed on my Miltonia. My mother brought home a bunch of new orchids. Restrepia elegans and Isochilus linearis both seem to be Central American species, and her new Milt and Masd have confirmed crosses/lineages.

It's always a pleasure to find abundant amounts of new growth on a plant, especially plants with slow flowering and growing conditions. It's not as fulfilling when you realize that under someone else's care, your babies have sprung up vigorously, but if you're watching something daily, you won't see that drastic change anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment